Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

Do you give something up for Lent? If so, what? Is "giving something up" mostly a Catholic thing? Just curious...I'm not Catholic, but every since I can remember, I've given something up.

So, this year, I was battling between giving up "just candy" or all sweets. I realized that the only thing that was holding me back from giving up all sweets was because it will be hard. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sweets! Well, I then realized that "just candy" wasn't really putting my whole heart into it. It was my way of participating without REALLY having to put forth a great deal of effort. Geez, what's the point then, right? Just so I can say, "I gave something up!" Where is my commitment to that? How does that tell God that I'm committed to Him if I can't even commit to giving up something "hard"? So, all sweets it is! Eeeek! That REALLY is going to be hard for me! God, you're challenging me already as I stare at those chocolate covered marshmallows Brookston and I made for Richard's work!

Then, today I read on Facebook of a friend giving up Facebook and I thought, wow, that's a great idea! I check Facebook daily, twice a day, three times a day, four times a day (basically every time I feed Kaisley)...it really does become an addiction! You want to know what everyone is up to and stay in touch! I have it on my phone, so it goes everywhere with me and I can pop on real quick and easy! So convenient for a nursing mom this last year though, I have to admit!!! Giving Facebook up will be a big challenge, but a great one! One that will benefit me and my whole family! So, bye bye Facebook...maybe I will never go back! Hahaha, yeah right!

No comments: