Monday, October 26, 2009

Bye bye piggy!!

Phew, I'd say we are a pretty lucky swine flu family!

H1N1 came in and out of our house, but no more than just like a cold. Was it a mild case or does tamiflu just ROCK when you start it super early? Honestly, I can't even say if Kaisley and mommy caught it, because we did have some coughing and congestion, but was it a cold or was it mild H1N1? Who knows. But what I do know is Brookston was confirmed "Flu A", but it acted like no more than a cold. YAY!

I know that H1N1 is VERY serious for many people. And even in our group of friends there was a variety of severity. Nothing like you hear on the news, but ranging from major flu to Brookston's minor cold like symptoms. So, I consider us very lucky, since we did come in contact with the virus, but it was so easy on us!

The worst part was being bored and not seeing our friends. We are normally out and about at least 3-4 times a week, not to mention Brookston now goes to Mother's Day out 2 times a week. When thinking about how much worse the acutal sickness could have been, I won't complain too much. But it did stink missing school, story time, Little Gym, 2 birthday parties, and an LSU football game.

Back to our old routine!! I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is feeling better!!