Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two Tags in Two Days

I got tagged by two different blogging friends for 2 different posts...so I better get busy.

First, my high school friend, Heather tagged me in the "Baby Names". I'm supposed to explain how our kiddos got their names:

Brookston Carter:

Brookston: We were on a LONG car trip, about 14 hours long to North Carolina. My college best friend, Lian was getting married. We were almost 9 weeks pregnant at the time. During this 14 hour drive Richard and I tossed around baby names on and off, the entire drive. Richard was getting creative and for chunks of time with every sign he saw, he'd start rambling off ideas. I'm not good at it, but for example, if he saw a Pepsi truck, he'd start saying, "Pepsi, Pepi, Perdi, Pipi, Piper, Pinter, Rinter, Sinter, Linter"....okay, no, none of those names were actually considered (although Piper is cute and the name of my newest niece) :) he would just ramble ramble ramble until SOMETHING came along. Like I said, I wasn't good at it so this was a pitiful example. But, Brookston became an idea when we were listening to a Garth Brooks CD, then a Brooks and Dunn CD.....then randomly after that came "Brookston". We put it on our short list until we found out he was infact a "he". Richard was set, it was Brookston. It took me maybe another 1-2 weeks to say, yes, that's our son!

Carter: Well, that's just a name I really liked. Richard said, "okay, sounds good!" :) Easy enough on that end, right?

Kaisley Reese:

Kaisley: Well, after having what we think is a pretty original son's name, we wanted to have an original daughter too. We both really like Kinsley, but after looking on the Social Security site and seing the top 1,000 baby names, we noticed the name was increasing in popularity. Here's what I mean:
2005 - Kinsley was #943
2006 - Kinsley was #881
2007 - Kinsley was #756
2008 - Kinsley was #566 (although we didn't find this one out until after Kaisley was born since it takes a number of months for the most recent year to come out...but this big jump confirmed to us the increasing popularity of Kinsley)
Now, we're aware that there ARE other Kaisley's and Brookston's in the world. And one day, who knows, it may even become a top 100 name, but for now it's not even in the top 1,000. And that was our goal.
So, while liking Kinsley so much, I got REALLY stuck on the first letter "K" and ending in "y", particularly "ley"! Yeah, giving a lot of wiggle room, right?
Well, we were at our neighbor's Christmas Party, "Bad Christmas Sweater Party" and while talking to another guest, we came up with Kaisley. It immediately became the only name on our short list. And a number of weeks later, while enjoying a 3D ultrasound, the tech asks us if our baby had a name so that she could write it on the CD. I said, "No, not for sure!" :( Richard said, "Yes, it's Kaisley!" I was so happy that he was finally set, because I was a number of weeks earlier.

Reese: This name was just like Carter (for Brookston). I just really liked it and Richard said, OKAY! :)

Okay, moving on to my second tagged post. It was an award given to me by my PAL friend, Tracy, called, "Over the Top". You can only use one word for each question.

1. Where is your cell phone? table
2. Your hair? brown
3. Your mother? retired
4. Your father? science
5. Your favorite food? pizza
6. Your dream last night? forget
7. Your favorite drink? water
8. Your dream/goal? family
9. What room are you in? living
10. Your hobby? what?
11. Your fear? accidents
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? happy
13. Where were you last night? Gatti's
14. Something that you aren’t? sleeping
15. Muffins? elglish
16. Wish list item? camp
17. Where did you grow up? Cary
18. Last thing you did? phone
19. What are you wearing? clothes
20. Your TV? big
21. Your pets? none
22. Friends? amazing
23. Your life? kids
24. Your mood? drained
25. Missing someone? always
26. Vehicle? white
27. Something you’re not wearing? shoes
28. Your favorite store? Target
29. Your favorite color? purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? yesterday
31. Last time you cried? today
32. Your best friend? Richard
33. One place that I go to over and over? grocery
34. One person who emails me regularly? Angie
35. Favorite place to eat? Gatti's :)

I'm supposed to tag a particular number of friends to do this, but I want all of my blogging friends to join in...if you want!

No comments: