Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flying alone with 2 kids!

Some called me brave, some called me stupid....I called it, SUCCESS!!!

I traveled from New Orleans (which was about an hour drive from us in Baton Rouge) to Raleigh, North Carolina to visit my parents. It was just me and the kids and I must say, it went pretty well!

The flight up there Kaisley had a couple moments where she was "THAT BABY" that was crying, but Brookston was amazingly well behaved...thanks to the Delta cookies and milk/juice from a big boy cup (which he never uses, it's always a sippy)!

The flight home, Kaisley did a little better, Brookston was a little worse...but overall, SUCCESS!!!

Some highlights from our trip to visit Nana (currently being called Nina) and Papa:

Photobucket

Nana and Brookston planting flowers to watch them grow

Photobucket

Nana, Papa, and Brookston heading to the Children's Museum

Photobucket

Nana and Brooskton enjoying the museum activities

Photobucket

Brookston made his very own drum and hat

Photobucket

He found the other drums much more entertaining though...

Photobucket

There were drums everywhere...

Photobucket

And tons of other musical instruments!

Photobucket

These were "peas and carrots"

Photobucket

And planting veggies in the garden!

Photobucket

Sweet Kaisley and her face painting

Photobucket

Beautiful baby...please excuse the snotty nose!

Photobucket

Water play...Brookston's favorite!

Then we found a great kids place called "Planet Child"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last was a visit with my 2 friend's from college, Laura and Lian. I got to finally meet baby Evan and introduce them to Kaisley!

Photobucket

Photobucket




4 comments:

Heather said...

You go girl! I'm afraid to fly with 1 baby and 2 adults. Much less 2 babies and 1 adult! Glad you had a good trip!

D said...

I'd say BRAVE! Looks like you guys had an awesome trip! Go You!!

Jayme said...

Looks like you guys are had tons of fun! We can't wait to hear stories of Nana & Papa's house next time we get together! xoxo

Johanna S said...

I say brave! Wow! You go girl! Glad it worked out and you had fun! My daughter is almost 2 and I haven't flown with her yet. Just started driving long distances again, in fact! She is doing so much better with traveling now, fortunately!