Sunday, January 17, 2010

She SLEEPS!!!

Yes, I'm talking about Kaisley...my baby girl has FINALLY learned how to sleep at night! Better late than never right? She's been sleeping great for over 2 weeks now, but I didn't want to jinx myself with a post after only a couple days.

We did a little sleep training at 6 months old and it went GREAT. Very very easy and almost painless. But, we went on vacation about 4 weeks later. We were in a house full (10 adults and 3 kids), so I did what I had to do to keep her quiet..as in feeding her a LOT at night.
So, we get back from vacation and I just sort of go with the flow for a few weeks and decided, okay, time to go back to the same sleep training. So, at 8 months it did NOT go well. So, I did what I had to do again for a litle while.

I was ready to try again right before Christmas, but realized that was bad timing with guests staying for about 10 days. So, Christmas came and went and we went back to sleep training. Again, it went GREAT! Thankfully a "bad night" is now 9 hours of sleep, followed by eating and going back to sleep for 2-3 hours. But normal is now 10-11 hours. Sometimes even 12.

THANK YOU BABY GIRL!!!!!! Mommy finally gets to sleep at night!