Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why?

"Why"...my 17 month old's newest word! Seriously? She's barely 1 1/2...she just started talking like 2 months ago!! Thank you big brother for teaching your baby sister this lovely word and the exact way to say it to make it a typical toddler question.

I know she probably doesn't completely get it yet. But, she certain times it well. Kaisley, let's go get in the car...why? Kaisley, leave the sink drain alone...why? Kaisley, it's time to go to bed...why? I think she's learing very quick how to be a "big girl!" I'm just shocked that this question has already started!!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I remember when Sara started doing this. Luckily it didn't last long.

I feel your pain though. Right now Sara's favorite is...

"Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, (and so on until I answer)"

"What Sara?"

"Hi!" (with the biggest grin ever)

Ugh, I hope this doesn't last long either. Its very annoying. Maybe her starting school will make her stop. I can hope anyway!

Heather said...

Too funny! Travis has not learned that word yet - wonder how much longer that will last?! His catch phrase is "what's that?"

Courtney said...

That's hilarious!! Cora hasn't even started that yet and she'll be three in November! She does say "I hear that sound?" every time she hears ANYTHING....wanting us to tell her what it is. It is funny, but can get old.