Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Iguana spotting


Long story here, but....I was driving to prek pick up yesterday and out of the corner of my eye, I see a huge iguana.  Bigger than ever before.  In my head, I think to stop and pull over to take a picture, but it's too far back, so I keep driving.  Thinking about this thing...it was huge, and had an orange color to it.  Crazy!

So, picking up S at school and driving home...I see it across the road.  Ahhh, I need proof.  Yes, I've lived here for 3 years...but I need that picture!  I u turn, pull over, get out of my car and go for a picture.  But I scare him off and really didn't capture anything.  Come to think of it...I don't think it was even the same one.  Because zooming in, the one I saw in this picture, in the shadows as it ran off was a pretty normal sized one, not with the spikes on top and not orange in color.  So...missed it.  That wasn't it this time. 

Today, driving to prek again, in the same area...there he was!!!! Again.  I pull over immediately, start snapping pictures quickly, but the shadows and a cell phone trying to take zoomed in pictures of a moving creature...it wasn't the greatest.  But, I was able to say for 100% sure that it was indeed orange-ish in color and it was as big as a remembered! 

After prek pick up, I knew I couldn't be so late getting the big kids off the bus.  Yesterday I barely made it home before them.  So today, I went straight home, got them in the car and said we are going on an iguana hunt!   :)

Immediately again, spotted him.  This time I was close, got the great picture below!  YAY!  Isn't he amazing!




Just for reference...this was the iguana I spotting in our neighborhood almost 3 years ago.  It was exciting to see this little guy back in the day!


No comments: